Dental Crowns & Bridges
Dr. Moreno uses the state-of-the-art CEREC® (CEramic REConstruction) 3D system to design and create high-quality durable all-porcelain dental crowns and bridges in our Chesapeake, VA, office. No more waiting 2 to 3 weeks for your permanent restoration to be made at the lab. When you walk into our office for a crown, you walk out shortly after with your new permanent crown.
How CEREC Works
Our CEREC system gives Dr. Moreno the ability to custom-design, mill and make any needed adjustments to your crown while you wait. Before that process begins however, you and Dr. Moreno will choose the shade and shape of your new tooth.
Fast, Easy, Precision Scanning
An integral part of the art of the CEREC system is the Omnicam digital scanner. Simply by scanning your teeth, Dr. Moreno can obtain an impression that’s both “powder and gunk-free.” The Omnicam scans precise 3D images of your teeth and gums in their natural color, which are then sent digitally to Dr. Boyd’s 3D software.
The design of your crown is done on the CEREC system by Dr. Moreno. After choosing the shape and position to best match your other teeth, she makes certain that your crown will be properly aligned for a comfortable bite.
Starting with a block of high-quality porcelain, your crown will be custom-milled by Dr. Moreno to closely match the properties of your natural teeth. can make on-the-spot modifications to your crown’s size, shape and color right in the office. Because CEREC is an in-house system, this all takes place faster than it ever could using an off-site lab.
Dental Bridges in One Visit
A dental bridge is an alternative for replacing one to two missing teeth and consists of one or two false teeth filling the missing spaces cemented to the already-crowned adjacent teeth. In one visit using the CEREC system, Dr. Moreno can create a bridge for you.
If you’re considering a bridge, you may want to consider dental implants as an alternative for replacing one to two missing teeth. Using the CEREC system, Dr. Moreno places a CEREC-created crown for the new tooth on top of the implant, a strong, long-lasting titanium screw which becomes your tooth root.
Bridges are a good alternative for those who want a faster option than an implant (a two to three-stage process including healing time for the dental implant). Dental implants, however, have become the international standard for tooth replacement and recommended by Dr. Moreno whenever possible.
Inlays and Onlays in one visit
An inlay is a porcelain restoration that is placed between the cusps of a tooth. An onlay is a restoration that is fitted over the cusps of the tooth.
Choosing an inlay or an onlay can be a more conservative restoration than a crown, which requires cutting down the tooth. In damaged teeth that are too extensive for a filling to handle yet not enough for a crown, Dr. Moreno uses an inlay or onlay.
Using CEREC technology, we can mill high quality porcelain onlays and inlays in one visit.
Benefits of the CEREC system
- CEREC restorations can be completed in one visit. In one visit, you walk out with a strong, permanent porcelain crown; and that means no temporaries and no second appointment.
- Natural-appearance: The porcelain Dr. Moreno uses for CEREC restorations has the same translucency as natural teeth. For color matching, ceramic blocks come in 17 shades.
- Strong & durable: CEREC porcelain is strong. And with proper maintenance, it can last a long time even for chewing-intensive back teeth. Studies have shown porcelain crowns last at least as long as metal-filled crowns. And because it is milled out of a single block of porcelain, it is far less likely to crack or have flaws.
In one visit, you walk out with a strong, permanent porcelain crown; and that means no temporaries and no second appointment.
- Natural-acting: Porcelain expands and contracts in the same way that teeth do, making your crown even more like a natural tooth.
- Accurate matching: Because can digitally scan, design, mill and modify your CEREC restoration with you in the chair, she can accurately create properly positioned crowns for you that match your adjacent teeth.
- Biocompatible: Our CEREC crowns are milled out of a single block of body-friendly porcelain. That means there’s no core material, including metal.
A Fast Way to Restore Your Smile
Our advanced CEREC system allows us to offer a range of restorations quickly and efficiently. Contact our office online or call us at 757-349-7593 today to schedule an appointment.